Sunday, March 22, 2009

Life under the pastor's desk. part 3

Just when I thought I had found all of the cool features on this motor home I found some red hoses and horns under the hood. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what it was used for. I went into the cockpit and found an unlabeled button. I pushed it and it made a horrible noise that sounded like I had hit a flock of geese. I found a spot to add a little bit of oil and soon my motor home sounded like the General Lee (Dodge Charger) from The Duke's of Hazzard. This horn was extremely loud and you could hear it echoing through the valley after you blew it.

Needless to say my fellow bandmates loved the musical horn. We once took it to concert that we were playing about an hour from our hometown. We were playing with a couple of groups such as 40 Days Tempted and Zilch (DC Talk's Musicians). We were the opening act, but the guys in my band thought that it was cool that we had the big motor home while the other groups had vans and cars. They decided that they wanted to feel special when we were getting ready to leave. We were signing some autographs and the guys asked me to go get the motor home and pick them up at the front door. As I was rolling up to the crowd, a few of my guys motioned me to blow the air horn. As soon as I did everyone stopped and stared. It was really funny and the guys felt special as they had their moment leaving our fans and leaving in class.

I'm sure if you're reading along, you're probably thinking I should change my posts to life in the Super Tortoise, but trust me this will all head for the pastor's desk very soon.

0 comments: